It’s not too early to start planning and packing that Halloween care package if you need to send it overseas. Here are a few ideas from the Halloween box we sent my soldier when he was deployed in 2012:
If you’re in a big hurry, you can just send a plain box, but why not dress it up with some paint or scrapbooking papers? Add stickers, dollar-store decorations, computer images printed out, or artwork from the kids. Here is our box with scrapbook papers taped in:
Next, let’s take a look at what we packed in:
- Candy – of course!
- Homemade Steakhouse Chex Mix (opens in a new window)
- K-cups for his coffee maker
- Homemade orange bread and pumpkin muffins
- Halloween decorations from the dollar store
- An artificial pumpkin for his table or work space. No idea if he used it, but he said he liked it!
- Orange drink mix – the size for individual bottles of water
- Fiber bars, for health
- Phony green lips with nasty teeth – funny when they walk around wearing these.
- Artificial spider webs and spiders packed in on top
Here is our finished care package…Halloween in Helmand!
As I’m publishing this, there has been a mass shooting on a US Naval base, and we continue to deal with the terrible situation in Syria. Our soldiers are in danger always, but face it with courage, always. May we continue to pray for them, and our nation!
If you like the care package ideas here on CPT.com, subscribe for email or RSS reader updates so you never miss a new idea. A new one goes out every 2-3 weeks. Wishing you blessings – Dawn